0

How do I resolve an issue with a person who has hurt me and has no idea that they have?

Clarify Share Report Asked 5 days ago Mini Anonymous

1
If I were in the questioner's situation, I would say that it might be necessary (as Jesus recommended in Matthew 18:15-17) for me to have a private discussion about this issue with the individual concerned, but that, if I did, it would also be absolutely essential for me to choose my words and tone very carefully, since the individual apparently has no idea of how I am feeling.

However, even before that, I would do a thorough review of the situation just on my own (without involving the other party) in which I would try to consider ALL possibilities or explanations for why the individual acted as he/she did; whether the individual's behavior was even intentional, and (even if it was) whether it was done with malicious intent toward me, or whether my reaction might even partly be a product of my own subjective experience that the other individual would or could not have known about, and that an objective or impartial party might even possibly consider to be an unwarranted response. Then, if I would still consider a discussion with the other party to be needed, I would assure that any mitigating factors that my personal review had produced would be taken into account in that discussion.

3 days ago 0 responses Vote Up Share Report