4

How can I be saved?

12
This simple, yet profound, question is the most important question that can be asked. "How can I be saved?" deals with where we will spend eternity after our lives in this world are over. There is ...

7
Mini Donna Virgin
It is really quite simple....believe that Jesus is the son of God, born of a virgin, suffered and died on a cross for our sins, and was resurrected to eternal life.

October 31 2013 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

5
Data Judith Tungwarara former pa secretary, hair stylist, Pastor!
How can I be saved?

By confessing Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and believe in in your heart that God raised him from the dead! For it is with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10v9-10)!

The above verses need no additionals or subtractions, very profound and very clear! Simple and straight forward! But off course there are other scriptures tht can consolidate the matter of salvation, for example John 3v16, John 6v47 and many more!

Be blessed as you grow in the knowledge of God's word.

October 24 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

4
Mini Raymond Padron
It's crazy this box states before I write "my opinion is"...

But amen hope everyone is having an incredible day. 

For scriptures are clear there is no sinners prayer, Jesus talks about what people did in his time and even now. Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!” Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: “ ‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.’ ” (Matthew 15:1-9 NIV)

Mere human rule can not be upheld higher then Jesus commands. Just look at: 
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20 NIV)

Make disciples and then baptizing them, which are disciples. This is Jesus talking not a mere human or apostle here, but Jesus. How may one be saved? 

Just as they responded in the bible. We as followers, can not follow at a distance and follow what we want but all scripture. 

“Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.” When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.” With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day. (Acts 2:36-41 NIV)

This is salvation! Let's all be one in mind and one in heart. Have a great day family.

September 07 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Stringio Vin Smith Supporter Concert Pianist. Piano Tuner. Talk Show Host. Novelist.
Do not be deceived by those who would tell you that Jesus did not die for everybody. They would tell you only souls per-ordained for salvation may be saved. Those deceivers would call these people the elect--chosen to believe in Jesus as the Savior of mankind. 

The choice is within each and every individual who has ever lived. When a soul chooses the Lamb of God, the Holy Spirit works magic to change the heart. The Calvinist belief essentially proclaims Forced Salvation--which goes against the clearly defined tenet of Freewill--first evident in the Garden of Eden, when Adam and Eve were given the choice to disobey God, or lovingly obey their Creator.

Yes, it really is quite simple, as Donna Virgin writes above: "Believe that Jesus is the son of God, born of a virgin, suffered and died on a cross for our sins, and was resurrected to eternal life."

The deception, by those who choose to believe an elitist, Calvinist view, is as follows: 

"They (Calvinists) believe that unregenerate people are so corrupt that it is actually impossible for them to submit to God or believe in Jesus; thus they are totally depraved. Moreover, unless God sovereignly changes their wills by a grace that is irresistible, they will never submit to God or repent. Even though people might think they have the choice to repent, they are making a wrong assumption according to the Calvinist. If they don’t repent, they are actually doing the only thing they can do, because God didn’t grant to them His irresistible grace. If they do repent, they are actually doing what would be impossible for them not to do, because God is sovereignly influencing and changing them by a grace that is irresistible. Thus, they are making no choice at all in the matter of salvation. Rather, God is choosing them and making them into believers. He is changing their wills, because totally depraved people, according to the Calvinist, would never, and could never, humble themselves or choose to repent." From The Teaching Ministry of David Servant

This is one of many terrible--evil--deceptions that chase some who would have accepted Jesus completely away from faith.. Do not believe it!

God's wondrous, glorious plan of salvation asks you only to--ask! Ask Jesus to come into your heart, your soul, your very essence. Admit that you are but a human being, and that you need His help, His strength, His power. Above all, His help!

That makes you--instantly--saved for eternity. It makes you one of the elect! 

"That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame.” [1] For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile-the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on Him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” [2] How, then, can they call on the One they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?" (Romans 10: 9-14) (NIV)

The Sinner’s Prayer...

"Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of my sins. I confess with my mouth and I believe with my heart that Jesus Christ is Your son, and that He died on the cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have eternal life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask You right now to come into my life and be my personal Lord and Savior. I repent of my sins and will worship You all the days of my life. I believe Your word is truth and I confess with my mouth that I am born again and cleansed by the blood of Jesus! In Jesus name, Amen."

February 18 2014 4 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Open uri20161205 5899 16uknvz Kathy Akers Homemaker
In order to be saved is to believe that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for all humanity. He took on the wrath of God for all of our sins. All you need to do is to ask God to forgive you from all of your sins and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart to live. In order to be saved, you also need to have faith (believe) what the Word of God says. 

Please be aware that as soon as you become a child of God the devil will not like this, and will try to convince you that you are not really saved and that God did not forgive you. Please keep the faith, tell the devil to get behind you and that you want nothing to do with him, you are serving your Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen. I pray that the Holy Spirit was able to give you the answer you are seeking through us who are answering this question. God bless each one of you.

November 01 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini STANLEY S. DRANE
I'm glad you asked. The answer to your question is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, and be godly sorry for sin no matter what you've done. Plus, it helps you to live for Him, read and study His word, being faithful to the Lord, and his church, and on top of that, love everybody.

August 04 2018 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
95 1 Jay Saunders
You know getting saved is really very simple once you really understand a few things.

1. You must realize that you are a sinner.
2. That you need to change from a sin dominated life style to one dominated by Holiness.
3. You must understand that you can not become holy that only God can make you holy.
4. You must understand that holiness is not always doing right but having the desire to always do right.
5. That when you mess up, all you have to do is confess and ask forgiveness from your heavenly father and from anyone you might have sinned against.
6. You must realize that salvation, which you need, can not ever really be fully comprehended but yet understood.
7. Only you and you alone will become aware of that salvation at first but as you change others will see the change and you will become amazed by the changes and be forever thankful for it.
7. Grace is never a license to sin but grace is valuable when you need it.
8. You must yourself become a person full of grace and forgiveness for others.
9. You must serve and desire to serve God by serving people.
10. That this transformation takes place by becoming a member of the body of Christ in a home group, Christian organization, or church setting.
11. That this transformation matures and grows through trial and error but it justly occurs by washing your mind, soul and body with the word of God.
12. You will become a thankful person for all good things in your life and even the bad because even the bad tempers you and helps develop you into a better person if our mind has been transformed by the word of God.

I could say more but I said enough except this: Only Jesus can save us from our sins and give us at the end of this life eternal life with him.

November 03 2018 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
1515012380789778228527 RICK PORTER Chaplain [ Truckers Chapel ]-- Undeserving Child of God
How can you be saved? You must first find a savior.

Luke 2:11, "there has been born a savior"
1 Timothy 1:15, "Christ came to save sinners."
Titus 2:13, "Christ Jesus, great God, and Savior."

Saved from what? 
-Saved from the penalty of sin, Romans 6:23
- saved from the power of sin, Romans 6:6
- and saved from the presence of sin, Romans 2:6-7.

So if one realizes he/she needs a savior, that is the first step to being saved.

February 06 2017 0 responses Vote Up Share Report