1

Do we have freedom or responsibility to wear face masks during COVID-19?

Clarify Share Report Asked November 11 2020 My picture Jack Gutknecht

5
I would say that, as long as the wearing of masks is mandated by any level of law (that is, local, state, or federal) that applies to a given individual, it would be the responsibility of a Christian to obey such laws.

Even in the absence of such laws (in my opinion), although Christians would have the freedom not to wear a mask, the spirit of love toward others that all Christians should possess and exhibit in their actions should motivate them to take all steps necessary to protect those others (not to mention themselves).

(Also, as I believe I have indicated in response to previous questions, failure or deliberate refusal to wear a mask based on professed trust in God's protection could, in my opinion, actually be regarded as putting God to the test, which the Bible specifically forbids (Deuteronomy 6:16; Luke 4:12).)

November 11 2020 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Emilio 1992 Emo Tenorio Shomer
I humbly submit that my position has always been to protect or promote all liberties and freedoms that the Creator has given us in HIS wisdom. 
Within Christendom some mainline churches are now under the newly papered graduates of modern day liberal theological schools. Walking in ideological lock step with their secular traveling companions. 

This is manifested as; a good piteous CHRISTIAN must give up or surrender a targeted RIGHT or LIBERTY now deemed as mean / evil by this holy hoity-toity. 

In our REPUBLIC laws are made under this authority; Article 1, section 1 by the LEGISLATURE and not by the Executive or Judicial branches.
Legalese according to American Jurisprudence, a legal encyclopedia, UNCONSTITUTIONAL official acts are void:

The general misconception is that ANY STATUE passed by legislators bearing the APPEARANCE of LAW constitutes the law of the land. 
The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, for any statute, to be VALID, it must be in AGREEMENT. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. 

According to the Cornell Legal Information Institute “after the passage of the Fourteenth Amendment,” the Bill of Rights was “made applicable to the states through the Due Process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment,” According to the Supreme Court’s modern jurisprudential standard, individual Americans are equally protected by the incorporated Amendments of the Bill of Rights at the STATE and LOCAL LEVEL as they are protected at the FEDERAL LEVEL. The leftist suggestion that “municipalities and states” can LEGALLY INFRINGE upon those constitutional protections of Americans is therefore unequivocally FALSE.

The Constitution does not ENUMERATE any FEDERAL powers to trample our protected rights; thus neither do STATE or LOCAL bureaucrats. Our true responsibility is to the inalienable rights / freedom given by the Master, not to the unconstitutional whims of man. Of course you have the freedom to choose your path or do you really? 
(Galatians 4:16)

"We do not destroy the heretic... we capture his inner mind, we reshape him." ~George Orwell

In the Lord's Freedom surrendering nothing...warrior on

2
My picture Jack Gutknecht ABC/DTS graduate, guitar music ministry Baptist church
I work at a factory with a mask mandate. Some of my coworkers including me complain that our masks are uncomfortable, and some even claim that “masks don’t work.”

Yes, they are bothersome/less than convenient (I find myself thinking about my mask almost constantly during my workday), but they do have a reputation of being effective when worn properly. Many wear them improperly not covering their nose like they do their mouth (which is maddening to me, even after I’ve said something to them.) 

Yet the one reason I believe we have the responsibility to wear masks during COVID-19 is out of consideration for the most vulnerable in our communities. 

Matthew 25:40 says, “And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.”

Over the past months we have found that certain groups are more vulnerable to the worst outcomes if infected by the coronavirus. The CDC has noted that the older you are, or if you have an underlying medical condition, you are more likely to die from this contagious disease. I have 2 people at home that both have mitral valve prolapse syndrome and insomnia issues (REALLY suffering there). I feel I have the responsibility to protect them by wearing my mask at work and in public so that I don’t contract COVID and communicate it to them either asymptomatically or otherwise.

Jesus says that when we serve others, we serve Him!

November 12 2020 0 responses Vote Up Share Report