3

Are Christians homophobic?

If so, why?

28
By definition, homophobia is fear of homosexuals, but its meaning has been broadened to include hate for homosexuals. Correspondingly, being homophobic tends to manifest itself through an outward d...

10
Seth3 Seth Freeman
Christianity is not a homophobic religion. There are always people of any group that don't properly represent the beliefs of the group as a whole. Homosexuality certainly is no exception.

Homophobic people are people that either have fear or contempt, or both, for people who are homosexual. This is an inappropriate and unloving position, and any Christian that holds it, is in the wrong.

There is no question that the Bible speaks against homosexual acts, but that doesn't mean that the homosexual person is any less loved by God, nor should they be any less loved by Christians.

January 20 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

7
Stringio Phillip Ramirez Actor-Musician-Bible Student
Acts 5:29—"In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men."

The Bible clearly condemns fornication, which includes homosexual relations. (Romans 1:26, 27; Galatians 5:19-21) While the Bible is definite about God’s disapproval of that lifestyle, we also know that “God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.”—John 3:16. This means Jesus died, not only for believers, but those who don't believe as well.

Even though they do not condone homosexual relations, true Christians show kindness to all people. (Matthew 7:12) God wants us to “honor men of all sorts.” Therefore, genuine Christians are not homophobic.—1 Peter 2:17.

February 17 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Goodboy Kilian Kean Engineer
It is often very difficult for people to act in a loving way toward someone who lives a life of utter disregard for God. But Paul gave such wonderful counsel to the church at Corinth. 

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 says "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. AND SUCH WERE SOME OF YOU. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God."

The point is that we are all sinners, imperfect, flawed, screwed up and in need of a great and awesome savior. Paul was a murderer of believers. Only a belief in Jesus and what He did on the cross can save us. Jesus bled and died in our place for our punishment of our disregard for God. Even after conversion, we are still sinners and the process of holiness, called sanctification, which is a life-long pursuit. We won't be perfect until we receive our new bodies in heaven.

I've noticed that I'm more aware of the sins in other people's lives when they are doing something I have struggled so hard with in my life. I believe that it's called "projecting", but when I see a drunk or stoner, I'm more upset with them because that's the lifestyle I was saved from. I've worked with many different types of people including homosexuals. While their lifestyle is repugnant to me, it is no different than people having sex outside of marriage or a liar. 

The issue is that is of acceptance. Since the 60's, every type of sin has been accepted as normal. Marriages fail because of adultery or sex outside of the marriage, which is promoted as normal in the media. Alcohol abuse is normal in every avenue and now once illegal drugs are making their way to normal. Abortion was accepted in 1973 and now homosexuality is on its way to being accepted. This is all the result of a people turning their back on God.

1 Samuel 8:7 says "And the Lord said to Samuel, "Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have not rejected you, but THEY HAVE REJECTED ME, that I should not reign over them."" People have rejected God and lead the lives they want to live without Him. Judges 17:6 and 21:25 have the key phrase "everyone did what was right in his own eyes." This is what we are seeing, a complete rejection of God as a people and a nation.

As such, God will turn His face against such a people and give them over to the final culmination of their ungodly lives. If people don't want God in their lives, God is a perfect gentleman and won't force Himself upon them, but they will get what is natural. Take a look around, see the rioting, mayhem, disregard for laws, rise of diseases, increase of wars and terrorism. These are all the result of removing God from the national and individual lives. Read Leviticus 17:10, 20:3-6, 26:17, Deuteronomy 28:7, & 31:17. God has turned His face against us and we no longer have His blessings upon us. Soon the earth which is the Lord's will reject us.

We have turned our freedom into slavery for pleasure and the pursuit of ungodliness. Don't think you are a slave to sin? Try stopping. You won't be able to, maybe for a week, month, maybe even a year, but you will return to the slavery of sin. I could not stop my addictions until I gave my life to Christ. I tried several times before Christ, all resulting in failure. It is only by the power of the Holy Spirit that I was able to stop.

Zechariah 4:6 "Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of Hosts." Ask God for power when an opportunity comes and you are faced with someone trapped by the devil in any sinful lifestyle. They need salvation just as you did when you were a slave. Don't let them go to hell. At least pray for their salvation if you can't talk to them.

August 22 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report