8

Does the Bible promote or prohibit praying to angels?

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Mini Todd Lampkin

Do not pray to angels only command them to move on our behalf according to the will of God

September 11 2014 Report

Mini Todd Lampkin

September 11 2014 Report

Final avatar Thomas N. Thune

I would answer this from a studied layman's position. Why would you want to pray to a created being when you have clear access to the Creator. Our Creator God, is present everywhere, at the same time. He has all power, to do anything at any time. He is larger than the entire universe, and small enough to live in the temple (our human body) in the form of His Holy Spirit.

Whenever we question something about our relationship with our God, see for yourself, what His Holy Word has to say about that question. Once you have found your answer in His word, you are able to thank Him for that fact, and live according to His will for your life.

God has a perfect plan for each person. He planned for each one of us before He even said, for the first time, "Let there be Light."

I was 19yo before I understood that God was that concerned about me. I gave my life into His perfect care, April 8th, 1961 at 9:39pm and although I have not been perfect, He is faithful, and I know for sure that when I die, or live to see Jesus return for His Bride, (the Church) I will then live in His presence forever! AMEN

September 24 2014 Report

12009676 1626949140887682 8999472247693518063 n Hugo Röhland

Just a reminder that angels are ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation. Hebrews 1:14 and in accordance I believe Guardian angels are still at work for each believer. Maranatha!

November 19 2014 Report

Stringio Vincent Mercado

I ask the police to protect my neighborhood.
My girls ask me to protect them from ghosts.
I ask my dog to protect my house from burglars.

I dont worship the police or my dog, my girls do not worship me.

Similarly, I ask angels to protect my family. I do not worship angels.

August 21 2015 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.