2

Why does it seem sometimes that God opens up the doors for something and it seems so sure, but later seems like he wants to remove it?

Clarify Share Report Asked October 08 2014 Mini Anonymous

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Mini Donna NaQuin

I've had that happen to me too. I fasted and prayed, when I was looking for a job. I then asked God to go before me to open the right doors and close the wrong doors. I went to the job I felt was "the job God wanted me to have", and it turned out to be the worst nightmare ever. I was talking to a friend in my life group and he said the same thing happened to him. This happened to me 10 years ago and God still hasn't revealed to me what it was all about.

October 14 2014 Report

Mini Charlie Brown

I know the feeling. "A hope deferred makes the heart sick." That really is a true statement. Sometimes I don't know what God is thinking. But I guess what would be the point of trust and faith if we did? Everything in this universe is worthless to God without our relationship with Him. God has infinite power, wisdom, and owns everything that exists. He can make it so that someone never has to work another day till they die but that be good for His and their relationship? Also since God knows everything He knows what I'm not ready for, certain dangers ahead, and also how I could be a danger to others. So He keeps me away from those things. *sigh* sometimes I just wish I knew His plan so I could roll with it. But really I'm probably not even ready for that. So I'll stay where I am.lol

March 13 2015 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.