1

What is wrong with viewing pornography, if I don't lust after the person?

2
My picture Jack Gutknecht ABC/DTS graduate, guitar music ministry Baptist church
Pornography is addictive—I should know; I was addicted. Others may deny that it isn’t an addiction, but I know better. It’s hard to stop. It truly is a hard habit to kick as any addiction is. Only by being saved by Jesus does anyone get the power to overcome porn. He gives us His Holy Spirit to us, at that time, to gain the victory over porn. 

Porn creates isolation--
“One who isolates himself pursues selfish desires; he rebels against all sound wisdom.” (Proverbs 18:1)
I know this, too, for a fact, because I didn’t really know how to treat girls. I was tongue-tied around them. I hated myself for this, but, at the time, did not know the solution (the Savior, Jesus! Whom I now know!)

I now cling to the verse, “No temptation has come upon you except what is common to humanity. But God is faithful; he will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to bear it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13)
(to help me overcome pornography).

September 27 2021 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
First, it is good to recognize that lust is sin (Matthew 5:28; 1 John 2:16). However, is it also important to be honest with ourselves. Porn and erotica are meant to incite lust in the heart. The o...