5

What is the Lord's prayer and should we pray it?

27
The Lord's Prayer is a prayer the Lord Jesus taught His disciples in Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-4. Matthew 6:9-13 says, "This, then, is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be you...

July 01 2013 1 response Vote Up Share Report

9
Dsc 0043 Tim Collinson Tim Collinson
The incorrectly titled "Lord's Prayer" was and is a guide to praying (as it were); the disciples did not ask "Lord, teach us a prayer?", but "Teach us to (how i.e. in what manner) to pray?"

If there is a Lord's prayer i.e. one that Yeshua (Jesus) did pray, it would be found in the Gospel of John chapter 17.

November 27 2013 1 response Vote Up Share Report

6
Q jcryle001 JD Abshire
Many affectionately but incorrectly refer to it as a prayer The Lord prayed but as previously stated, it was a prayer outline.

"Forgive us our debts". Christ as eternal God had no need of forgiveness, he is impeccable. 

Hebrews 7:6 "For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;"

"Lead us not into temptation"

Christ was tested, tried and proven in Matthew 4 but never tempted to sin. James 1:13-14 "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed." 

"Deliver us from evil"

Christ stated in John 14:30 "Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me."

November 26 2013 1 response Vote Up Share Report

3
Belfastfella Casper Mcconnell Casper the Irish
Why indeed do we call this Lords Prayer when in fact it is Our disciples prayer. And it is amazing how Jesus tells us we are allowed to call His Almighty Dare Not Even Speak His Name JWYH Father 

"Our Dad, I can speak into Heaven from earth, let heaven come now here on earth so You can act through me to do your will. I trust you daily to care for me, forgive my rebel heart but only when I forgive others. Please don't test my faith more than I can bear and put a ring of protection around my family. 

Jesus is telling us that we are in His family circle, His Great Dad is now our Papa

June 01 2014 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Image Elizabeth Adewole
The Lord's Prayer : 
Matthew 6:9-13 
"Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 
Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 
Give us this day our daily bread. 
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen. 

May God be with you All, may He cover you all and relieve you of all your worries and stress. Trust in the Lord and spiritually he will lead you All. 
Have a blessed end to the week
Stay blessed
Love you All 
Xx

February 05 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Mini Salem Markus Purba
Great revolution and promotion in relationship of man and God was emerged in the teaching of Jesus; man who was a servant of the LORD God in the Old Covenant, became children of God (John 1:12-13) in the New Covenant, and as children of God, man may call the LORD:God "Our Father in heaven " (Matthew 6:9); consequently Jesus called his believers and followers "a friend" (John 15: 13-17).

As children of God we will have an authority by seeking, asking and knocking the door of the kingdom of God our Father on this planet earth where we may live an abundant life (Matthew 6:9-13; 33), gaining salvation both on earth and on eternal life after we die, as Jesus said: " I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?".

It can be said, that the Lord's prayer is an essence of Jesus's teaching how salvation for the world may gained; and as Jesus said :"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14: 6), we should pray it.

September 30 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report