1

Should a Christian go to movies? Is watching a movie a sin?

8
For a Christian, the question is not so much "is watching this movie a sin?" but "is this something that Jesus would want me to do?" The Bible tells us that many things are permitted, but not all t...

July 01 2013 1 response Vote Up Share Report

4
Mini James Kraft 74 year old retired pipeline worker
If we are strong in the faith we can watch some things, but there are so many that I just do not watch. I cannot watch all the politcal hagling on the news anymore as it does make me angry. I have to turn it over to the Lord and just walk away. (turn it off) We certainly do have to listen to the Spirit when watching or listening to anything.

Almost everything we have can be used for good or evil. The internet has many good things like this site, but the evil is very much on here too. We just have to look for the good and shun the evil. 

I remember going to the Ten Commandments movie years ago and got a great blessing out of it.

June 25 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini Bonnie Agudelo
When I first gave my life to Christ, I didn't realize til years later what that really meant. I later discovered that it meant that God Himself in the form of His Spirit was now living inside of me and I was now "dead" to my selfish desires (even though that old man wants to resurrect sometimes!). I noticed that when I would watch a movie with bad words, violence, nudity, etc, I would walk out so empty and grieved inside. It was killing my desire to spend time with God. The Lord spoke to my heart and reminded me He was living inside me and I was His temple. Would I watch that at church? That meant He heard and saw everything I did. And He grieved to be forced to sit through that. When I fed my flesh more than I did my spirit, my flesh would win when I was tempted to sin. So to sit and watch a movie that could potentially have curse words, nudity, violence and blood-shed is a definite turn off because of what it's going to do with my relationship with the Lord later. It's just not worth it. We are to love what He loves and despise what He despises. Our relationship with Him must be first priority.

September 10 2017 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
1444959751 Jason Ikeme
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. It's a response to his Awesome, Holy and glorious nature. With the fear of God, you want to Stay as far away as you can from the appearance of sin or sin promoters. Without the fear of God, you want to know how close you can get to the edge of sin without falling into it. God told Cain in Genesis, "Because you have not done the right thing, sin is crouching at the door". Certain things we do may be argued for and claimed "not sinful", but it would bring sin close to your door. Spiritual wisdom would teach us to keep away. My advice is to keep away from secular movies, music,etc. Not as a law, but in the fear of God who has instructed us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. The devil is more subtle than we think. God bless

February 11 2016 1 response Vote Up Share Report

0
Mini Larry Scarboro
Any time we portray someone else we are living the life of a hypocrite and it is not right in God's eyesight. The characters in movies are not playing themselves. So, I believe going to secular movies is wrong in God's eyesight. Again, it is agreeing with a LIE.

March 30 2017 0 responses Vote Up Share Report