8

Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Mini william matthews

Was Allah The Moon God of Ancient Arab Pagan?

Historical evidences, impartial logic, well versed references and all available circumstantial judgments can very well prove that—(a) Allah name of deity was pre-existed much before the arrival of Islam, (b) Pre-Islamic Pagan peoples worshipped Allah as their supreme deity (moon-god). Allah’s name existed in pre-Islamic Arab. In ancient Arab the Allah was considered to be the supreme God/deity (as Moon-God) and Arab Pagans worshipped Allah before Islam arrived.  

Let us examine below some valid questions and answers :
Did the Pagan Arabs in pre-Islamic times worship 360 gods? Yes.
Did the pagans Arabs worship the sun, moon and the stars? Yes.
Did the Arabs built temples to the Moon-god? Yes.
Did different Arab tribes give the Moon-god different names/titles? Yes.
What were some of the names/titles? Sin, Hubul, Ilumquh, Al-ilah.

Was the title “al-ilah” (the god) used as the Moon-god? Yes.
Was the word “Allah” derived from “al-ilah?” Yes.
Was the pagan “Allah” a high god in a pantheon of deities? Yes.
Was he worshipped at the Kabah? Yes.
Was Allah only one of many Meccan gods? Yes.
Did they place a statue of Hubul on top of the Kabah? Yes.
At that time was Hubul considered the Moon-god? Yes.
Was the Kabah thus the “house of the Moon-god”? Yes.
Did the name “Allah” eventually replace that of Hubul as the name of the Moon god? Yes.
Did they call the Kabah the “house of Allah”?  Yes.
Were al-Lat, al-Uzza

December 27 2013 Report

1385312377 Nelson Chitima

The history of Islam takes us to a "moon god" called allah that was chosen to be worshipped as the only god over and above other gods. That can't be the same as the one and only God of the Christians

April 26 2014 Report

Mini VIP Services

After reading many of the comments posted by others it appears that I have little to offer on the subject. I once studied under a group that called themselves "students of Islam". In my dealings with that group "The most high god" was called by the name "Allah". I found several similarities in what I had learned my whole life as a Christian though I was still young (18). It taught principles like 'you reap what you sew', 'treat others the way you want to be treated' and other wise things amongst those lines. So as a result I started to study to gain knowledge, wisdom and understanding. After a few years I was reacclimated with my Christian roots and have been "at home" ever since. I didn't learn major details about others in the Muslim faith but I did know coworkers and such who were Muslim. Once I saw a Muslim eating a ham sandwich, I felt like there were too many contradictions for me. I'm so happy that God took the time to bring me home and that I was able to be baptized according to the Bible and accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

October 29 2018 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.