3

What does putting God first really mean?

18
It is common to hear people say, "God first, family second, work third." But what does it really mean to put God first? What does it mean to "love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your so...

3
Andy  3 photo Andy Mangus I am a Christian since October 1979 & devoted truth seeker.
In my simple way to answer this very important question for any and every Child of God, I submit my input like this: God wants us to first love Him; to know Him; to be like David in the Old Testament--to search for Him and to find Him! David was "a man after God's own heart" as the Bible states!

To put God FIRST --(1st or 1ST)--is to intentionally prioritize our focus on this one thing on a daily basis! It is the purposeful intent at the beginning of our waking moment that 'Hey, God has blessed me with another day of living and I need to give mental recognition to Him, about Him and For Him!' Only God is Holy, Righteous and Divine and only He is deserving of our love, praise and Glory all day, in all that we do, say or think. 
(Revelation 4:11). For anything and everything that exists and has existed, He--The Lord God Almighty in Heaven-- created all. Most of all: He provided a savior for our very souls. He sent His one and only Son, JESUS (YESHUA) CHRIST to come to this cruel and sinful world to be born as a baby, grow up and 'be our propitiation', our Holy substitute for our transgressions and our many sins/evil deeds--so that we can be called His children. The Bible tells us 'anyone that does NOT know Him, He will blot out from being IN The Lamb's Book of Life!' "Depart from me! For of such, I --The Lord-- never knew you." (Luke 13:27 and Matthew 25:41) For it is only By and IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST that we can receive life eternal to dwell with The Lord In Heaven when it is our appointed time!

God is a very jealous God! Only He deserves our Glory, Honor and Praise! "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created." (Revelation 4:11 KJV)

As I like to close with my saying: "Praise God that He provided a Savior! And, His name is Jesus Christ!"

~~~Andy~~~

April 12 2017 0 responses Vote Up Share Report