1

Is accepting Jesus the only way for people to get to heaven? (John 14:6)

Some who call themselves evangelicals are openly insisting that faith alone in Jesus is not the only way to heaven. They are now convinced that people of all faiths will be in heaven.

John 14:1 - 14

ESV - 1 Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

Clarify Share Report Asked September 26 2021 My picture Jack Gutknecht

4
Mini Grant Abbott Child of Father, Follower of Son, Student of Spirit
In Acts 4:11-12 it says:

“Jesus is “‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

September 27 2021 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
My picture Jack Gutknecht ABC/DTS graduate, guitar music ministry Baptist church
I tried many churches to find salvation to no avail. I tried reforming myself but reformation didn’t work. I promised God I’d do better after I sinned, but I couldn’t even keep my own promises! Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). The apostle Peter proclaimed to a hostile audience, in Acts 4:12

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” The apostle John wrote, "He who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him" (John 3:36).

Again and again, Scripture stresses that Jesus Christ is the only hope of salvation for the world. "For there is on God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5). Only Christ can atone for sin, and therefore only Christ can provide salvation. JM

No other faith system leads people to the one true God. Some people chafe at such an exclusive stance, but the words of Jesus and the apostles leave no other option (Ac 4:12 again; 1Ti 2:5). QSB

I repeat, Christ Jesus is unique as the One and Only Savior: 
Acts 4:12; John 14:6 (See also 1 John 5:12).

1
Mini ainsley chalmers Medical Research Scientist, devoted family man.
The scripture in many places is very clear on the exclusivity that Jesus and Him alone is the only way to heaven. However, how God will judge, post death, those of different beliefs is His business alone and not ours. However, to the living we can definitely share that Jesus is the only way, truth and life to God (John 14:6).

13 days ago 0 responses Vote Up Share Report