Follow Question

Topics

1

What should a Christian do if he/she lives in an area where there is no church to attend?

15
There are many areas of the world where restrictions are placed on Christians in regard to when, where, and how they may worship. In some countries, Christian worship in any form is not permitted, ...

4
Stringio Be Betz
Here are some ideas, if they are options for you. When my mother became ill, she would watch church on television. A lot of churches offer their sermon on the Internet. I drive 2 hours each way to church every Sunday.

November 19 2013 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

3
Mini Al Mark
With the advent of high speed internet and wireless connections, one can watch live-streaming church services halfway around the world. It isn't the same thing as being there, but one can feel very close to the service, and it works for those who are persecuted, those who are physically disabled, or those who are bed ridden.

The existence of websites like this one helps believers who want to learn and who have questions about understanding the Bible. They can also interact with mature believers and get help in their walk with Christ.

The entire Bible can be put on a tiny USB drive and taken places and copied much faster than shipping books physically. Spreading the gospel is easier in this sense than it used to be, with less risk to believers.

January 10 2020 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Stringio Teresa Wiltz Freelance writer and copy editor, Christian
In my humble opinion and as a devoted child of Jesus Christ, I take God at His Almighty Word pertaining to all aspects of life. His Word teaches that we are the church and His Holy Spirit indwells all who believe and serve Him.

A building is just a building, but worshipping God comes from the heart in which He judges us. I personally listen to Pastor Charles Stanley, Pastor John MacArthur, and R. C. Sproul on YouTube and sometimes on television to receive spiritual enlightenment in the form of sermons. However, my main resource of serving God is by absorbing His Mighty Word (reading the Bible) fully and truly daily for the edification of my soul. 

I also fellowship with friends and family in addition to teaching Bible study to my five-year-old grandson. It has been my personal experience that when I did attend an actual church building, seeking to worship God, often many ministers were revealed to be false prophets. I became so discouraged by such a disheartening experience that I decided to worship God on my own terms. 

I am almost certain that God does not mind where or how we worship if we do so with reverence, faith, obedience, truth, and love for Him and His Son, Jesus Christ. Here are a few scriptures to help you understand how to worship and pray as referenced in this answer (even Jesus would often pray to God alone):

1 Corinthians 12:27 ~Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

1 Corinthians 3:16 ~Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Luke 6:12 ~Now it came to pass in those days that He went out to the mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.

Matthew 6:6 ~But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

Matthew 6:7 ~And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words. 

1 Corinthians 1:2-3 ~To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

I pray that God’s peace and divine guidance will direct you on the right path of worship and prayer by reading and receiving His Word daily.

August 26 2020 0 responses Vote Up Share Report