1

Why are Christians so afraid in this COVID-19 pandemic?

Christians in the New Testament experienced great trials and tribulations - lost jobs, lost homes, lost lives in the arena, but kept their faith. What has happened to modern Christians?

John 16:33

ESV - 33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.

Clarify Share Report Asked October 23 2020 Mini Grant Abbott

1
In my opinion, fear surrounding COVID-19 is connected with what is still unknown about it (especially all its possible modes of transmission), the suddenness with which it has struck or spread, and the fact that a preventive measure (such as a vaccine) has not yet been developed for it.

The types of past trials referenced in the question generally involved dealing with tangible external hazards or adversaries. Under those circumstances, risks and possible losses could more or less be known, evaluated, and prepared for (physically, spiritually, or both) in advance.

To me, it would be difficult (even for a Christian) under the current circumstances to be assured of doing everything that could be done in the way of prevention, as well as to be totally confident of who would or would not be affected.

Even if Christians can (and should) still have supreme confidence and faith in their eternal destiny, as well as as of God's ultimate control of events, it seems to me that those uncertainties (not only on behalf of themselves, but of their loved ones as well) could create concerns for which God would not condemn them.

October 25 2020 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
My picture Jack Gutknecht ABC/DTS graduate, guitar music ministry Baptist church
"Once the virus is deeply embedded in the body, it begins to cause more severe disease. This is where direct attack on other organs that have ACE2 receptors can occur, including heart muscle, kidneys, blood vessels, the liver, and potentially the central nervous system." (i.e. Covid attacks every major organ). What will be the long terms affects for me if I get it? I don't want to even think about it. 

It's taking so long to go away. And the fact the the United States leads all of 195 nations of the world as being the worst in "handling" it is a concern.

Wearing a face mask is only 75% effective. At least it's that much. That face masks are being poorly worn (or not at all) in my workplace and other local workplaces is a big concern for me, a Christian, though. I talk to them about it, and some comply, some argue, and some laugh me off.

0
Emilio 1992 Emo Tenorio Shomer
Grant, a very timely question and I submit an opinion with some facts for consideration. Christians past and present have sometimes followed strict regimens as a spiritual discipline. But those regimens were and still are almost always CHOSEN. These UNCONSTITUTIONAL RITUALS were FORCED upon healthy worshipers, thus forsaking the rule of law.

Worse these cult like Covidism rituals of purification are forcibly applied to the entirety of a healthy society. All polite society is now guilty and must follow the new SECULAR RELIGIOUS rituals of the lab coated priests to ward off possible physical attacks for any heresy. (Proverbs 22:3)

The public health overkill response are more appropriate for dealing with Ebola. This GOVERNMENTAL response in league with 24/7 FALSE MEDIA juggernaut of impending doom. Has turned an inherently non-catastrophic virus, into a much worse catastrophe. (Colossians 4:5)

Further many other things are also in play during this small time frame.
The unsettling effects of the defunding theatricals with never ending riot looting festivals, all without any fruitful prosecutions? Being somewhat alarmed polite general society watches the approaching election storm. 
Perhaps becoming aware for the very first time of a simple fact; polite societies have always skated on thin ice. So some 7.5 million citizens have responded by purchasing firearms, with most being first time buyers. 
The FBI background checks in such record setting numbers are but a snap shot of this time. (Proverbs 27:12; Luke 12:56; Luke 22:36)

Bottom Line:
BUREAUCRATIC types in their wisdom deemed many private small businesses as NON ESSENTIAL. And many of these privately held enterprises were the fruit of long hours of hard work by both their owners and employees. Many will now silently slide into bankruptcy some losing homes or everything. Worship sanctuaries are also NON ESSENTIAL so their faithful are not permitted gathering to strengthen each other. (Galatians 4:16)

COVID 19 may finally becomes a sad memory at some point in time. 
So do not be surprised to hear caterwauling governmental types taking credit for defeating a killer pandemic with their wise stringent responses. Having conquered the very catastrophe that they themselves created.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." 
~Albert Einstein

"the law is what you can enforce pilgrim" ~John Wayne 

In the Lord's freedom...warrior on

October 26 2020 0 responses Vote Up Share Report