1

What is the sign of the Son of Man mentioned in Matthew 24:30?

I am confused about what the sign of the Son of Man is. Is it the destruction of Israel?

Matthew 24:30

ESV - 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Clarify Share Report Asked May 22 2020 Tjart3 Thomas Riccardi

2
Although there has been a wide range of interpretations proposed for the wording in the cited verse, the sign spoken of, in my opinion, is not separate from Jesus, or an event that accompanies His return or is a precursor of it, but instead refers to the appearance of Jesus Himself in the heavens at the time of His return in glory. To me, this is most persuasively indicated not only by the close linkage of the two in the verse, but also by the verse's association or correspondence with the wording of Daniel 7:13.

14 days ago 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
My picture Jack Gutknecht ABC/DTS graduate, guitar music ministry Baptist church
I've always understood the sign of the Son of Man in Matthew 24:30 to be the lightning of v. 27 (Matthew 24:27). Others, admittedly, believe it's the Shekinah, or glory, of Christ; still, others leaving it unspecified. In any case, the Son of man Himself will come visibly (Revelation 1:7).

13 days ago 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Mini Shirley H Wife, mother, veteran in the spiritual war we all face!
I believe that this sign is...Zechariah 14:4, "And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the east..."

I think this because Acts 1:9-11 says,"Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked up steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, 'Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.'"

Again, in Revelation 1:7, "Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, AMEN."

I pray all are watching and waiting. He is coming very soon! Come Lord Jesus!

13 days ago 2 responses Vote Up Share Report