1

Should a Christian continue to repent for sins committed after salvation?

Acts 3:19

NKJV - 19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.

Clarify Share Report Asked November 25 2018 Woman in rollers Penny G. Vera

5
Although Christ's atoning death and resurrection are sufficient for all time with respect to sin, the fellowship between a Christian and God is broken when the Christian sins. The purpose of ongoing confession and repentance is to restore that fellowship, and remains necessary as long as Christians are in this world. 

Such confession and repentance are not something that a Christian should regard as a burden, but should actively seek, since the Christian should be grieved by the break in that fellowship. As David said after his sin with Bathsheba, "When I declared not my sin, my body wasted away through my groaning all day long." (Psalm 32:3)

In the very first of the ninety-five theses that Martin Luther nailed to the church door in Wittenberg that started the Protestant Reformation, Luther said, "Our Lord and Master Jesus Christ, when He said, 'Repent ye', willed that the whole life of believers should be one of repentance."

December 02 2018 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
1410782355737 Brian Daviau
Yes, I believe that once we were adopted into the family of God, his spirit is with us always. If you and your father are close and you do something that isn't right or even evil in his eyes don't you ask for his forgiveness? When the father offered up his son, the bridegroom, to come to Earth and prepare his bride for the wedding banquet to come, he knew what a wicked race, we humans were, he loves so much, he bore our sins, hanging from a cross at calvary. To go through all of that for the Agape Love he has for us as believers and followers it would all be in vain if we don't ask for forgiveness for our sins. 

Lord, I'm sorry you went through all of that for me; thank you so much. Please forgive all wrong in me, as I forgive the wrong done to me, in Jesus name, amen!

May 24 2019 0 responses Vote Up Share Report