0

What does the Bible say about Christians hunting animals for sport?

8
The closest reference to sport hunting is Proverbs 12:27, "The lazy man does not roast what he took in hunting, But diligence is man's precious possession" (NKJV). So whatever view one takes on spo...

1
Open uri20160825 6966 rhyaou John Matthews Retired Professional Singer, Conductor and Seeker
I believe that hunting for sport should be outlawed. Hunting for food? God ordained. Hunting for sport or financial gain (like ivory, etc) has led to the extinction of many animals in the past and is sure lead to many more in the future. Sport hunting is NOT God ordained.

Those of you out there who hunt for sport and call themselves Christians, might want to reconsider your relationship with Jesus Christ. Scripture condones feeding your family with the killing of an animal but does not sanction killing for sport or some kind of sadistic pleasure. 

Billions of animals are killed each day to feed the hungry. 99.9% are bred for that purpose. God put animals on this earth to feed man. Having dominion over animals doesn't mean, nor was it ever intended to mean, that man is to kill them just for sport.

In an answer above, I don't know where Mr. Houdmann (gotquestions.org) obtained the knowledge that "hunting is man's nature." It isn't in my nature nor was it in my father's or his father's. It used to be, but today, generations have existed without the need for hunting on their own. I have to go back 4 generations to find hunters in my family and I'm 70. My great great grandfather hunted for food, not sport.

July 08 2022 1 response Vote Up Share Report