What does the Bible say about faith vs. fear?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Faith and fear cannot exist together. Faith is described in Hebrews 11:1 as being "certain of what we do not see." It is an absolute belief that God is constantly working behind the scenes in every...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Fear & Faith can coexist. To be afraid and to respond obediently to God and act righteously is an act of faith. Jesus defines faith as obedience in John 14:15-16. Ask any combat veteran.
I am concerned that we are responding by "Christian (?) tradition" and not by what the Bible says.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible