0

What does the Psalmist mean by saying that he will 'sing to the Lord' all his life?

Psalms 104:33

ESV - 33 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being.

Clarify Share Report Asked September 01 2016 Mini ren ren

0
I think that if we as Christians could truly grasp, and fully and consistently internalize, the truth that we are going to live forever in God's presence, along with all the implications of that fact (so that it would become as natural, ever-present, and vital to us as breathing), we would also want to do nothing but continually praise God for the love and mercy that He has shown us in Christ.

Unfortunately, our sinful natures (which we will always still have with us in this life), and the cares and problems of this fallen world, can all too often crowd out the joy that we should be feeling. That's why it takes concentrated effort on our parts (along with the help of the Holy Spirit) to always remind ourselves -- even (or especially) in times of turmoil or sorrow -- of what awaits us in eternity.

September 03 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report