1

How can I respond in respect and love if my spouse is jealous of my relationship with God?

If a believing spouse is jealous of my time spent in prayer or study, or my commitment in serving God, how should I respond?

Clarify Share Report Asked September 29 2015 Mini Anonymous

2
Mini n.l. pearson bible study teacher/revealer of the WORD
Keep praying for your spouse - 1 Corinthians 7:13-14 says: "If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband..." 

Make sure your heart stands firm in Christ. 

We all have free will to do what we are led to do. Sometimes couples don't seem to be on the same page. Billy Davis of the singing group, The Fifth Dimension, once said in an interview that he was very jealous of his wife's (Marilyn) new found relationship with God. She continued to pray and worship. He said one night she took him to a club on Hollywood Boulevard that was having church services (which he was unaware) and GOD touched his heart that very night. 

God will always fight your battles and believe this: no one can stand against HIM. Remember the Israelites at the Red Sea and what God told them in Exodus 14:14: "...stand still and the LORD will fight for you"). 

Your quiet time with the LORD is meant for just that, quiet. If you were reading the paper, no one would say anything. But there's something about the Word of GOD that makes unbelievers very nervous. 

Remember also, Romans 8:37 tells us we are more than conquerors and Romans 8:31 says "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" 

Again, keep praying that your husband would come to understand all this. God Bless.

October 02 2015 1 response Vote Up Share Report