1

What are some modern forms of idolatry?

25
All the various forms of modern idolatry have one thing at their core: self. We no longer bow down to idols and images. Instead we worship at the altar of the god of self. This brand of modern idol...

3
Mini Dawn Irion
Christmas and Easter for starters. They aren't really modern but ancient. How people celebrate them today is "modern", but the Father us warned about participating in them thousands of years ago. 

Jeremiah 10:2-4 "Here is what Yehovah says:
'Don’t learn the way of the Goyim (nations)...
for the customs of the peoples are nothing.
They cut down a tree in the forest;
a craftsman works it with his axe;
they deck it with silver and gold.
They fix it with hammer and nails,
so that it won’t move.'"

Jeremiah 7:18-19
"The children gather the wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough to make cakes for the queen of heaven; and, just to provoke me, they pour out drink offerings to other gods! Are they really provoking me,” asks Yehovah, “or are they provoking themselves, to their own ruin?"

If we keep these festivals, but say they are for God, then we are no different than those who worshiped the golden calf and proclaimed “Tomorrow is to be a feast for Yehovah.” Exodus 32:5

November 13 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Mini Gerald LaRosa Music Minster, Professional Musician
I happened to view the recent MTV Awards show that televised from Brooklyn NY. My mouth hung open and my stomach wrenched. It's not just a generational thing. I'm a musician and can appreciate talent. Actually, I thought Lady Gaga was tame compared to Miley.

FROM: First Corinthians--
"Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry. I speak as to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say. The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread. Consider the people of Israel: are not those who eat the sacrifices participants in the altar? What do I imply then? That food offered to idols is anything, or that an idol is anything? No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. Shall we provoke the Lord to jealousy? L Are we stronger than he?"

September 01 2013 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Doktor D W Supporter
Anything that the Holy Spirit does not provide in support of our Spiritual Nature. Think about it. You'll be up all night, all day tomorrow if you can stay awake, completing a list. Did I say "completing?" Yikes. No way I could complete the list. Anything that puts self-satisfaction before God, before our service for Him in the Name above all names, Jesus, is idolatry. Watch your words and deeds this coming week. Shudder at some of the stuff you entertain. Don't fail to hurry to 1 John 1:9 as you shudder.