Why did God sometimes judge the entire nation for the actions of its king?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
Sometimes in biblical history, an entire kingdom seems to be judged for the actions of one wicked king. For example, 2 Chronicles 28:19 says, in part, "The LORD had humbled Judah because of Ahaz ki...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Then, as now, the people were not a reflection of the king, the king was a reflection of the people.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible