What does the Bible say about compassion?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
The Hebrew and Greek words translated "compassion" in the Bible mean "to have mercy, to feel sympathy and to have pity." We know that, according to the Bible, God is "a compassionate and gracious G...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible