3

What does the Bible say about respect?

7
The apostle Peter summarizes the Bible's teaching on respect in his first Epistle: "Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king" (1 Peter 2:17). Thi...

2
Andy  3 photo Andy Mangus I am a Christian since October 1979 & devoted truth seeker.
My answer and comments are rooted in and from my strong Christian upbringing in which my parents gave myself and my brothers genuine parental love and discipline with the highest goals intended for our individual good! Love, Honor and Respect; and, 'in that order'! 

The lifelong lessons that they taught us fits in w/ the very foundational meaning of the word and meaning of 'LOVE'. Respect is--to me--something that is required in order for there to be any kind of love. 

Respect is necessary for there to even be 'experienced' friendship, fellowship, partnership, functional family interaction, etc. So many, if not 'all successful human interaction and relational beatitudes' starts with at least a certain amount of 'respect' by and from all persons involved. 

The Bible tells us to "love our neighbor as we love ourselves". To me, 'respect is like the cement foundation of a big, beautiful house: you have to first have that 'foundation; RESPECT' --Andy--

May 18 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report