Why did Amnon rape Tamar? Why didn't David punish Amnon?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
The sordid story of Amnon and Tamar is part of the disintegration of David's family after his sin with Bathsheba. Amnon was the half-brother of Tamar, as they shared the same father, David. Tamar i...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
The Bible says that Amnon became obsessed with Tamar, and she was said to be beautiful like her brother, Absalom.
But he did not control his infatuation with her, as he should have.
He was just like his father David who did not control his infatuation with another man's wife, Bathsheba.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible