4

How can you encourage someone who has lost their child?

Clarify Share Report Asked March 25 2014 Mini Anonymous

4
Emilio 1992 Emo Tenorio Shomer
In my humble opinion, the lost of any child regardless of their age at passing, is the most devastating tribulation one can experience in this life!
The lost of a child cuts one off from the future where all that might have been reside, sadly the wounds are deep and do not heal with time as some would say.

Rather one accepts the hand you were dealt and somehow you come to terms with it in the best ways you can on a daily journey up the mountain. There is a peace for believers in knowing that at some future time and place all your questions will be answered, here I pity the unbeliever for they have nothing..................!

As for providing encouragement thread lightly as your in a minefield where the deep wounds expose raw emotions of anger and a nameless unspeakable pain walks the dark landscape! Keep them in your prayers, till they can find their way back from their dark journey.

I submit the Jewish "Sitting Sheva" a mitzvah (literally "commandment" usually interpreted as "good deed") of kindness and compassion. Traditionally no greetings are exchanged and friends simply wait for the mourners to initiate conversation, or remain silent if the mourners do not do so, out of respect for their bereavement.
Friends will actually come over and sit on the floor and bring comfort to the grieving primarily through their silent presence.

And please friend there is a time for every purpose under heaven, hold your great scripture recital for a later time, here use duck tape if you have to!

In the Lord's freedom and mercy....................warrior on

March 25 2014 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Mini James Kraft 74 year old retired pipeline worker
I lost a son at age 42, and three grandchildren. I still weep, but God in His perfect wisdom gives and takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. It i devastating for a while and the grief becomes overwhelming. But when we least expect it we can open our hands and give them up to the Lord. Our sovereign Lord has a purpose in everthing. 

It is through these times that a curse can become a blessing. We are in the valley, but there is one who sticks closer than a brother. I learned to trust in the Lord with all my heart, and not lean on my own understanding. To acknowledge Him, and He would direct my path. I had no path of my own. I still weep. But, greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world.

Yes, it is times like these that no one can comfort us. There are no words. Words are meaningless. I did remember Job but it was no comfort to me. But the Lord will not let us grieve forever. We will see the Sonshine again.

These are my own experiences and probably like no others as the Lord does not work the same in all. But I love Him who saved me by His grace more than I ever did before. He has promised never to leave us and I have experienced that truth. 

I don't have it all in a box. I still have dark days. But I know the one who keeps me even through those times.

March 05 2016 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Open uri20140217 27961 2o6sm5 Candy Wright Supporter
I lost my Sweet Daughter at age 14 in a car wreck! I do not say accident due to the one who did it admitted it was done with his full will! I long ago forgave him, but only with my JESUS'S help! I Found my heart so broken it was a physical as well as soul PAIN! I can not ever really explain what this horrendous and devastating Loss in mine and my families lives was and forever with us. I'm sharing what did help at the time- those that came in Love and hugged and just was- not talking or doing but just Being there for us. Later telling stories of how my daughter touched their lives(there were so many strangers come to her funeral and telling how she touched their lives)! My Wonderful Daughter Truly Loved Our JESUS, and even though only 14, She touched many lives in Her short years! I Thank GOD for having her for those years, even while missing her desperately these last 35 years!

March 05 2016 1 response Vote Up Share Report