1

What is 2 Corinthians 12:2 about?

A Mormon on YouTube said that Paul is referring to the 'Celestial Kingdom'. Is this true, or has this just been brought out of context?

Passage: "I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know - God knows."

2 Corinthians 12:2

ESV - 2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven - whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows.

Clarify Share Report Asked December 31 2013 Stringio George Adams

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

A6ac9128dd6f69162fac89c38e63e50f Gary Wainwright

'I know a man in Christ' is Paul speaking of himself but he speaks with reserve to avoid boasting about himself rather than the Lord who granted him such a privilege. 'Fourteen years ago' is about AD 42 in the period of Paul's Christian life not described in Acts. 'Third heaven' is the highest heaven, the presence of God, in contrast to the sky and starry heavens visible from Earth.

January 02 2014 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.