2

Can a person who struggles with substance abuse and yet prays still go to heaven?

I have a brother who knows the Bible well. He believes in God, loves him and has accepted him into his life as his Lord and Savior. The problem is, he is heavily addicted to drugs and has been unsuccessful in rehabilitation programs. He prays often and even shares the word with others at times.  Should he meet his demise while under the influence, can he go to heaven?

Clarify Share Report Asked December 10 2013 Mini Anonymous

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Stringio Shelly Demull

We are all sinners. Even after we are saved. No one is perfect but God. If your brother has accepted Christ as his savior, then he is going to heaven... God has a plan for his life, we all fall short of the glory of God. Just keep praying for him, as I will say a prayer for him as well. May God take his will, guide him in recovery and show him how to live...

July 23 2014 Report

Closeup Jennifer Rothnie

Some of the most sincere Christians I have ever met were struggling with drug addiction. They were addicted, but they -knew- they were addicted. They recognized God was great above all things, and that they were sinners. Perhaps the most beautiful prayers of repentance I have ever heard came from drug addicts (who were likely high at the time) - acknowledging their sin and praying/pleading for Jesus to forgive them and help them change.

February 02 2015 Report

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.