6

If dreams are a continuation of our thoughts and our desires, is having promiscuous sex in dreams a sin?

Clarify Share Report Asked November 25 2013 Moi2 Ma. Bernadette Lavin

15
Mini Jadah Pleiter
Dreams can not only be a continuation of your thoughts and desires they can also be inspired by God as seen with Jacob and Joseph, and they can also be demonically inspired to tempt or torment. Dreams are not sin in themselves as the dreamer has no ability to control or choose it however if the dreamer then acts on the dream or chooses to dwell on and entertain its content then that is a different story. 

If a person is engaged in sinful activities or sexual fantasy when they are awake and this is leading to the dreams then that is the area of sin requiring repentance. If dreams come unbidden and are unwelcome and not the result of a conscious engagement with sexual fantasy/ desires then the origin of the dream could be demonic, sent to tempt a believer to sin or torment them and make them feel unclean so they think they cannot come before God. Each night pray Gods protection over your mind and dreams and speak aloud scriptures like psalm 91. 

When I faced a similar issue I found that if I read the bible and worshipped before bed I often woke up singing and no dreams would trouble me. I would also verbally renounce any sin and any agreement with any devils behind the dreams and say aloud that they were not welcome in my house and affirm that Jesus was Lord of my life and that his Holy Spirit has charge over my soul.

November 25 2013 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

5
Mini Jean Email Believer
Here is an interesting article [abridged] on this subject by Dr. Itiola:

SPIRIT WIFE AND SPIRIT HUSBAND
In this article, I am dealing with a subject that is so personal and so private that those who have it don't like to talk about it. I'm talking about the issue of women and men, who experience sexual relationships in their sleep.

These spirits have so mastered the art of deception that they will use the faces of people you are familiar with when they visit you at night. There are women who have told us they see their dad coming to sleep with them in their dreams. We know that is the spirit husband using the face of the father. Your dad has nothing to do with this night encounter. Sometimes they may even bring the face of your pastor, who fasts and prays for you. At other times, they'll bring the face of your husband. It's not in dreams that you're supposed to meet with your husband this way. 

These night-time [sometimes day-time] experiences are called encounters with spirit husbands and spirit wives. The Latin people of those days called it the 'encounter with incubi and succubi.' In the Webster's dictionary, Incubi is described as a spirit being that comes to have intimate relationships with women why they are asleep while Succubi is described as a spirit being that comes to have relationships with men in their sleep.

In Matthew 13:25, the Bible says; "But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way."

What is so troubling is that many Christians who are saved, sanctified and filled with the Holy Sprit, are also afflicted and affected by this problem. In some instances, I have found that those spirits have entered in through masturbation and fantasy lust. If the individuals renounce the fantasy lust and stopped masturbating, they were delivered. 

These demonic spirits that function in this sexually perverse way must be renounced and cast out, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Essentially, the incubus is a lewd demon which seeks sexual intercourse with women. It is also termed follet (French), alp (German), duende (Spanish) and folletto (Italian). Don't allow Satan and his demonic hosts to degrade your body which is the Temple of God. If your church argues against the existence of this problem and voices opposition to deliverance, find a church where they you can be helped. God will not hold it against you.

How does the presence of spirit husband or wife affect a person? I know of at least three ways that I would like to discuss: Difficulty getting married, staying married or difficulty conceiving.

One night I was ministering in a revival service. The Lord gave me a word of knowledge about a lady who was being troubled every night by spirit husband. A lady raised her hand and she was prayed for. This sister has suffered a lot from the hand of this evil personality. She was engaged in the church to marry a brother but mysteriously, the engagement broke up. Little did we know that it was the work of the spirit husband.

That night, the spirit husband came back but could not do anything to her because the Lord had broken that yoke. Not too long after that she was engaged and the marriage was held without any problem whatsoever.

The final evil effect of the presence of spirit husband/wife is the difficulty in having children. We have had to deal with many cases of barren women who the doctors cannot understand the cause for their barrenness. In many of these cases, during deliverance sessions, the spirit husband manifests contesting our right to dislodge him from blocking the lady. The anointing that destroys yokes has set many women free during these sessions resulting in the birth of healthy babies sometimes after decades of childlessness.

This article has been extracted from: http://www.deliveranceplace.com

Watch this video clip of an actual spirit husband deliverance: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0fRTSxCZ3U

January 28 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

4
My passport new Arun Kumar Engineer, Chennai, India
First of all, we need to know that excluding the dreaming when we are concious, i.e., day dreaming, the dreams which occur during the night sleep is not voluntary. I.e., we are not the author of the dreams which takes place in our sleep. It is the activity of our brain. The activity of the brain is different from the activity of our soul. Day dreaming is the activity of our soul. But night dreaming is the activity of our brain. Though we could remember our dreams when we awake, we cannot be held responsible for our night's dream. But to a certain extent, we can ascertain the cause of a promiscuous dreams. 

We might be deprived of a satisfactory sexual life or we might be contemplating hard to try a different sex position having become monotonous of the same position or we might be divorved and stay single for a pretty long time. So all these thoughts might lead to a promiscuous dream. What needs to be clarified is, contemplating sex in a different position or feeling deprived of sex is itself is not a sin as long as it is within the boundaries of the scripture. But the involuntary act of dreaming cannot be justified as sin. 

But such dreams, on a long term cannot be ignored since they would certainly give a feeling of guilt evethough we (our soul) have no part in it because they indicate some deficiency in our sexual life. Hence we need to make sure our earthly sexual life is satisfied. This explanation is based on my own experience and comments are welcome.

November 26 2013 1 response Vote Up Share Report