2

Does God require us to follow Jesus perfectly?

I often wonder if I'm following Christ the correct way or if I'm just making myself frustrated. I know Jesus said if you love me you will keep my commandments. But I have a hard time following in everything that Christ has said. I know many other believers have struggles also but will God hold our struggles against us if we fail to follow Christ's example? I just hate feeling like I let Jesus and God down because I keep failing to meet the commands of Jesus.

Clarify Share Report Asked October 03 2013 Eagles redskins football 28377839 Jason Burrell

2
Andy  3 photo Andy Mangus I am a Christian since October 1979 & devoted truth seeker.
Does God require us to follow Jesus perfectly? No, for sure not! That is why God sent His Holy Spirit to be in us and to dwell in our hearts so that He can and will "guide us into all truth" to correct us, to "keep us on His narrow path of righteousness". Jesus is "our intercessor to The Father" but His Holy Spirit is to be our guide"; that is, if we let Him and don't negatively step in and "grieve the Holy Spirit" by speaking or thinking unholy thoughts or taking unholy actions. We are to allow God to be in control through His Holy Spirit!

Child of God, my brothers and sisters in Christ, be ever thankful that we each have the Holy Spirit residing in each of us, for each and every day "the devil roams about like a roaring Lion, seeking whom he may devour."
~~Andy~~

June 30 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Doktor D W Supporter
Salvation is by grace through faith, not works. Our works (ministering to others in various capacities) follow the salvation experience.  Our perfection is not found in our works; it is found in Him. He is perfect. We are inhabited by the very Holy Spirit of God who sustains us and teaches us in all things. As you identify those frustrations, realize that they come because you are not getting out of the way so that He can direct your path. In order to listen to God 24/7 you must yield to Him. Yield to Him, prayerfully, each morning. Yield to Him as you make decisions throughout your day ... in doing your job, in dealing with others in every circumstance and situation. Honor Him in your conversations.

We are all imperfect in our sinful nature. We lack perfection as we go about our day. But you have been equipped with a Spiritual Nature, equipped to defy the nagging and the attractions offered by sin. At each incident, call upon Him. Confess "Lord, I know that you are there. I'm getting out of the way. You are in charge." He is not going to hold your struggles against you. He is your way out of those. 

Be blessed as you honor Him daily. Spend some time each day reading the letters of Paul, the Apostle.

October 03 2013 0 responses Vote Up Share Report