Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
The word "apocalypse" comes from the Greek word apocalupsis which means "revealing, disclosure, to take off the cover." The book of Revelation is sometimes referred to as the "Apocalypse of John" b...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Apocalypse means "unveiling" in Greek. The same word is used in marriage ceremonies, when the groom removes the veil of his bride. The Book of Revelation displays this clearly - In the wedding supper of the Lamb, Christ is the groom, and the Church is "unveiled" as a the bride.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible