Why was it wrong for Adam and Eve to know good and evil?
22 Then the Lord God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever -
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
In Genesis 3:22 God says, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil." Knowledge in itself is not wrong (see Luke 2:52), so what was so bad about man "knowing good and evil"? It ...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible