7

If an unmarried couple has sex, are they married in God's eyes?

18
It is true that sexual relations is the ultimate fulfillment of a couple becoming "one flesh" (Genesis 2:24). However, the act of sex does not equal marriage. If that were so, there would be no suc...

6
Open uri20160212 29016 qfh9vi Delores Easthom Ex: Stockbroker, Real estate owner developer, Financial Cons
Sometimes, I wonder. God gave Eve to Adam as a helpmate. As they were the only people on earth, there was no certificate of marriage or anyone, other than God, to unite them in marriage. I believe they were united and stayed with one another until death. In God's eyes, they were married because God, Himself, gave Eve to Adam to be a helpmate and reproduce. He was NOT under the law, but under God's grace. Things are different now. We have laws that require one man to have one wife, until death.

September 15 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

5
Mini Wayne Sanders
When Jesus spoke with the woman at the well in John 4 He told her to go get her husband, to which she said she had no husband. Jesus said that she answered correctly because she had had 5 husbands but the man she was now living with was NOT her husband. They were simply living together as though they were man and wife, but had never publicly established that a marriage had taken place.

So according to Jesus, living with someone or having sex is not considered to be a marriage no matter the level of commitment or love you share.

May 18 2015 1 response Vote Up Share Report

3
Img 0422 %282%29 David Riley
I personally am not married but have been with my partner for 15 years, that long that most people think we are married, surely that shows are devotion for each other. Most people today get married and it does not last very long anyway. I hope the good Lord will forgive me for not being married, because I still love my partner, and look after her, and Respect her, to me she is my wife.

January 30 2014 9 responses Vote Up Share Report

2
Mini Amy Ten
Like King Solomon said in Eccles 12:13. "the end of the matter, all has been heard. Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."
Don't search for scriptures to lighten one's ungodly activities. Romans 8:3-4
So let us all fear God and obey His commandment, you'll be blessed.

February 23 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Mini Jeffrey Ellwood
In my opinion this verse indicates there is a marriage of sorts which occurs. 1 Corinthians 6:15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.”

March 11 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report