7

Should we raise our hands/clap our hands during worship?

28
Scripture commands that we worship God, that we exalt His name and offer Him our praise. There is biblical precedent for both the lifting of hands and the clapping of hands as an act of worship. Ps...

8
Stringio Andrew Yan
A young child in a crowd who wishes to see what is going would instinctively stretch his/her arms upward to his parents begging to be raised above the crowd. Using this analogy, raising one's hands to God in praise is a way of asking God to raise us from the complexities of life (so we may see things clearly) and for us to also realize who we are and recognize who God really is.

January 01 2014 1 response Vote Up Share Report

7
Mini John Proch
Raising of hands is personal between the individual and God; so it wouldn't be right to question those who raise their hands and those who don't. We are in worship to show reverence and adoration for Jesus, by having our heart and mind on the Savior. I spent the first 17 years of my Christian walk in congregations where raising of hands in worship was considered "being out of order with the congregation during worship." In 1983 I had the priviledge of being exposed to an open praise & worship type service, which brought a new understanding for me concerning worship, which has intensified my hunger for my Savior Jesus Christ. Multiple biblical scriptures emphasize raising of hands in prayer & worship.

May 08 2014 1 response Vote Up Share Report

3
1393730572 Leo Tsumba
There are some Hebrew words in the Bible that are translated as "praise" or "bless" or "worship". Naturally this does not fully describe the act praising, or blessing or even worshipping. Here's an example: 
Psalm 61:8 says "So I will sing praise to your name forever, that I may daily perform my vows." The Hebrew word for praise used here is "Yadah" which means "to use, hold out the hand, to throw (a stone or arrow) at or away, to revere or worship (with extended hands, praise thankful, thanksgiving)" When you visualize the act it is possible to see the lifting of hands or praise with some kind of motion of hands.

The different expressions found in Hebrew words are highlighted at this link: http://www.justworship.com/hebrewwords/hebrewwords.pdf

April 11 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini Agnes Stuart
Ecclesiastes 3 says, 'There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens'. The time to clap or raise our hands in church is when the Holy Spirit, and not the flesh, puts the desire in our hearts. 
There is a difference between praise and worship. Praise can be loud and vocal but worship is when we come humbly and reverently into the Lord's presence and is usually a time of quiet adoration. Clapping when others are quietly worshiping in the Lord's presence is very unlikely to be from the Holy Spirit.

April 20 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report