5

Will we eat food in heaven?

11
Many people ask whether we will eat food in heaven because eating is not only necessary to stay alive, but it is also so very enjoyable! Because eating is enjoyable, many people conclude that what ...

8
Icon 2 Fred Swan Christian , Husband , Father , Retired Coal Miner
I do believe we will eat in Heaven . Because after the Resurrection Jesus in his glorified body ate with the disciples (Luke 24 vs. 41 to 43) and we are going to have a glorified body, if we are truly saved and abide in Christ and strive to be like Him each day . I think there is a lot of speculation and misconceptions about other things, as far as where will we live what will we do, will we have supernatural power . As for me right now though, the main thing I have to concentrate on is taking a step closer to God each day by studying His Word, praying, and planting seeds of salvation, because if I abide in Him the wonderful things he has in store for me are assured . I believe the goal of a Christian is not heaven when we die but Christ likeness now .

November 01 2013 1 response Vote Up Share Report

6
Seth3 Seth Freeman
As a human, we are both physical and spiritual in nature. We will always be both physical and spiritual. Adam and Eve were created perfect, and they ate. When Christ returns and sets everything right, we are told that heaven will come down and that the Earth will be redeemed and restored and that it will literally become the new heaven.

So our final place that we will spend all eternity will actually be right here, on a perfectly restored earth. We will still have physical bodies, though freed from fleshly desires, and yes, we will certainly still eat.

August 09 2013 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

4
Mini Kenneth Heck
In Rev. 2:7 "...To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." 

Also, Rev.2:17 "...To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden
manna..."

These are two examples of what might be eaten by Christians in heaven.

In Psalms 78:25 it is said that man ate angel's food - but if angels eat food, then it is quite likely that human beings will also be eating food in heaven.

May 26 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

3
Image41 Ezekiel Kimosop Pastor, Teacher
I believe that we may eat some food but I am not certain if we need it for sustenance the way we do now. Jesus alludes to this fact, perhaps, concerning the celebration of the marriage feast in heaven, and the fruits of the tree of life in heaven will certainly be edible (Rev 2:7). 

The Bible does not disclose other menu, but fish does seem to be included given that Jesus ate it after His resurrection. Luke 24:42-43 says "And they gave him [Jesus] a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. 43 And he took it, and did eat before them."

However we can never be sure about the scope of this eating or indeed any other activities we shall be engaged in up there.

February 07 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Data June Williams Professional Grandma, Homemaker, Continually seeking God!
In Revelation 22:1 And he showed me a pure river of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits., each tree yielding it's fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for healing of nations.

Adam and Eve were not allowed to eat from the tree of life but I believe the we, because of the forgiveness of sin thru our Lord Jesus Christ will eat from that tree!

Blessing on you all!

1
Data Sarah Winn Christian believer, college graduate + Walmart employee.
Of course there will be food in Revelations 19, it speaks of the marriage supper with the lamb!

If there was a "last supper" with Jesus and the disciples, logically that means there will be a FIRST supper when we Christians arrive in heaven!

June 22 2017 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini Carol Biedermann
"Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations. And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel" (Luke 22:28-30 KJV).

October 17 2017 0 responses Vote Up Share Report