1

What’s the whole meaning behind Psalms 23:4?

Psalms 23:4

AMP - 4 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.

Clarify Share Report Asked November 15 2021 Mini IUPELI LEUI

2
My picture Jack Gutknecht ABC/DTS graduate, guitar music ministry Baptist church
This is an interesting question, Iupeli. 

Everyone must go through the valley of the shadow of death. And it's cold. But trust the Good Shepherd's promise, that His rod and staff can comfort your soul. You might be going through this valley as I write; hear your Savior say, "Follow Me!" Don't be afraid to cross it--He'll be your light in the valley. 

Fear no evil! Because your Shepherd is so near! Jesus said, "I am the Light of the world, he who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but will have the Light of life." Then through this valley there won't be any alarms to alarm you, for you can count on the Savior's smile as you trust Him. He'll carry you in His loving, mighty arms--

"So Jesus told them this parable: “Which one of you, if he has a hundred sheep and loses one of them, would not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go look for the one that is lost until he finds it? Then when he has found it, he places it on his shoulders, rejoicing. Returning home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, telling them, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost.’ I tell you, in the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need to repent."

Isaiah 40:11

Like a shepherd He will tend His flock,
In His arm He will gather the lambs
And carry them in His bosom;
He will gently lead the nursing ewes.

13 days ago 2 responses Vote Up Share Report