25

What does the Bible say about oral sex?

43
Oral sex, also known as "cunnilingus" when performed on females and "fellatio" when performed on males, is not mentioned in the Bible. There are two primary questions that are asked in regards to o...

11
Open uri20120113 17347 9mq5kn Nick Koogler
Your two breasts are like two fawns,
twins of a gazelle,
that graze among the lilies (Song of Solomon 4:5 ESV)
Your lips drip nectar, my bride;
honey and milk are under your tongue;
the fragrance of your garments is like the fragrance of Lebanon (Song of Solomon 4:11 ESV)
Your shoots are an orchard of pomegranates
with all choicest fruits,
henna with nard (Song of Solomon 4:13 ESV)
She
Awake, O north wind,
and come, O south wind!
Blow upon my garden,
let its spices flow.

Let my beloved come to his garden,
and eat its choicest fruits (Song of Solomon 4:16 ESV)

The above exchange was between Solomon and his Bride. Some believe that within this exchange the fruits are a description of the genitals of both of them. Thus the last passage is precisely about oral sex. This is a very erotic moment that people shy away from due to the sexual and sensual nature. Because it is romantic poetry it is hard to draw concrete principles but one thing is certain. There is definitely foreplay and God is encouraging it: Eat, friends, drink, and be drunk with love (Song of Solomon 5:1 ESV) the only place God speaks in this book is to encourage their behavior. It seems to me that the only thing the bible "potentially" says about oral sex is good. But before you comment on this post I suggest you study "Songs of Solomon" on your own and ask yourself the question "Why did God place this book in the canon of Holy Scripture?" I would also suggest a few books or commentaries that could clarify the book better than me. 

I would like to point out though, that oral sex IS sex! Thus, if done in any fashion outside of marriage or with out mutual consent it IS sin. What God intended for our pleasure we MUST NOT abuse.

7
Open uri20150122 31549 1ruiwsl Jyotish Mishra Saved by grace through faith in JESUS CHRIST.
We understand from scriptures that God has given us different parts in our bodiy with a specific purpose. Please see 1 Corinthians 12:12-30 for a greater insight. God has given us mouth to eat and drink. He has given us sex organs for procreation and family bonding and to have intimate relationship between wife & husband. That is why I believe He created us as male and female as we read in Genesis 1:27.

Though there is no direct commandment either to prove or disprove whether oral sex in sin or not but it is not the natural use of the organs used in the act and I believe on the basis of Romans 1:26 that oral sex is sin. God has given intelligence to evaluate our actions and if we lack wisdom let us ask Him and He will give us wisdom freely. This is His promise to us as we read in James 1:5. Let us do everything decently and in order as we read in 1 Cor 14:40. Let us not rebel against God just because there is no express 'no'.

February 06 2015 3 responses Vote Up Share Report

6
Philip medium Philip Davies
Oral sex is not a sin. Let's be clear about that. 

The Bible tells us that sins only happen when you break one of God's laws. If there is no law against something, then no sin can be committed. Where there is no law, there is no sin (Rom 4:15).

There is no law of God prohibiting oral sex. Neither is there any law against masturbation. Therefore there can be no sin in these activities.

Our difficulty is that because of our culture or our upbringing or our own personal sense of taste and decency, we may object to these things and we tell others that they are sins to bring them in line with our own views. Humans like nothing more than to create all kinds of additional rules which are not in the Bible and we make other people feel guilty quite unnecessarily. 

But there is no law against oral sex (or masturbation), and where there is no Law, there is no sin.

Regards,
Philip

December 24 2014 3 responses Vote Up Share Report

6
Mini Mel Brown
Usually, after a married couple have been married for a long time, the frequency of love making lessons and at the same time it seems to take longer for each partner to experience the height in love making. Once this occurs usually the man is looking for ways to fix this problem. Porn, pills or oral sex is considered. 

There is the natural use of our bodies and the unnatural use; Romans 1. God's method is toes to toes and nose to nose. The mouth is not a sex organ. I would never ask my wife to do something unnatural. I have more love and respect to do something like that. Yes, Hebrews 14:4 says "Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." But this is only in its natural use: toes to toes and nose to nose. I might add the anus is not a sex organ either. Let's be real about this matter.
M.L. Brown

March 01 2015 1 response Vote Up Share Report

5
Mini Bridgette Maynor
There are so many issues that Christians carry in regards to sex. I have experienced seeing this being a nurse and a minister. The Christian community collectively needs to get beyond our taboo feelings regarding sex and promote Christian sexual ethics. Any type of sex outside of marriage is a sin; but, oral sex is not separated from this. If oral sex is done outside of marriage, as with any sex, it is a sin. Hebrews 13:4 states that marriage is to be honored and to guard the sacredness of sexual intimacy between wife and husband (The Message version). We as Christians need to emphasize a new Christian ethic where we teach the young that sex is for marriage but yet answer their questions honestly. We also need to enrich marriages so that sexual questions can be answered in a safe, Christian setting.

May 06 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

4
Stringio Walt Pryor Retired man, seventy three.
Dear Brothers and Sisters;

Oral sex is homosexual sex. God looks on oral sex as unclean. Medical reports I have read reveal oral sex is leading to increases in Oral and Throat Cancer. I do not say this as one who is righteous, but as one who has stumbled and sinned. May I suggest, the Bible, God, and all those stand for, are not about our pleasure? They are about serving God, and serving His people. We humans are easily deceived and misled, we are weak. So I am only pointing out what I believe God desires for our lives.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, since we have promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates the body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, Which is your spiritual worship.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price, therefore glorify God in your body, and in your Spirit, which are God's.

December 22 2015 1 response Vote Up Share Report

3
Mini Al Mari Private practice as a cardiovascular & thoracic surgeon
It depends. And, the Holy Spirit of sanctification will guide us. 

I Thes 4:3-5. "For this is the will of God,...ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honor. Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God"

The Greek word for vessel is "skeuos" and in common parlance a metaphor for "body"; maybe "equipment or apparatus" but also figuratively a "wife"; sanctification is "hagiamos" means purity; concupiscence is "epithymia" means longing desire for what is forbidden. 

How then can our "body, wife/spouse, equipment or apparatus" be sanctified and "stay away from this longing desire for what is forbidden"?

After Jesus' death, which reconciled us to the Father, Jesus has to be resurrected (we are saved by his life, saved not proximately by death, Rom. 5:10) so that the promise of the Holy Spirit will be sent (Jn.16:7; Lu. 24:49) and in-dwell in us (from Pentecost, Acts 1:4; 2:1-13) to guide us to be "one" in "mind" (Phil. 2:5) with the Son of God and the Father. We are in this stage of purification or "sanctification and honor", and this "spirit of power" will help us.

We know that sex of and by itself is not sin. It is with whom "our sex" (organ) is used. With whom, differentiates what is sinful and what is not. To do it with others, not your wife, is adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, bestiality, etc. Which are judged to be sins. But, how one does it, so long as with married male-female couple, Paul said, "Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge."(Heb 13:4). Undefiled/"amiantos", covers all sexual acts, even as "deviant" as they may. But, does this "undefiled" has limits? 

Notice what Paul's concept of "marriage" is in: I Cor 7:33-34 "But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife...but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband". This precept is reinforced in I Cor. 7:4, " the wife has no power of her own body but the husband.." and vice-versa. See also Ephesians 5:21-33 and Colossians 3:18-19.

Are there boundaries to the "allowance" regarding "sex in marriage"?

Clearly, the principle of sex in marriage is on "love" which is "giving, not getting"; it is directed on the other spouse (to please him/her), not "self", i.e., sex is not for our own selfish pleasure but for the other spouse, even when simultaneously the sexual act (also) pleases "self". The operative word and the proximate end of sex is "the other's" pleasure, the key focus of "sex in marriage". And, another limit of "undefiled concept" is "with consent" (v-5), with "benevolence";do not force either one to a sexual act he/she is not comfortable with. There is mutual sexual responsibility in marriage but directed to the other spouse, not "self".

Fellatio, cunnilingus or masturbation if for "self" and self-centered, therefore are not advised, even if the object of "imagination or stimulation" is one's spouse. But, as Paul said (not God), "I would have you without carefulness. (V-32) " amerimnos" to prevent anxiety
(v-33 ESV), if one "cannot contain",then "do it"(v9).

But, if we sin, we know though that we have our High Priest to come to for forgiveness and repentance. "Every one has the proper gift of God, one after this manner and another after that (v-7); "as God has distributed to every man, as The Lord has called every one, so let him walk"(v-17). 

Let us reckon ourselves as if "unmarried" as in I Cor. 7:32, 34, "..that he/she may be holy both in body and in spirit..." For the "time is short" (v 19-24), See also v19-24, to buttress this principle that the present world's cares are miniscule compared to the "next world's" honor. 

The "spirit of God" in us can sanctify and overcome this temptation.

February 10 2015 2 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Mini James Kraft 74 year old retired pipeline worker
God made us sexual beings so that we could have pleasure through it between a husband and wife. Sex is the glue that holds marriages together. What a husband and wife do in bed is between them and them alone. To say that we are not to have pleasure in sex is to say that God only meant sex for procreation.

We are not to put people in bondage over what is between the husband and wife. Sex outside of marriage is wrong, but in the confines of marriage there is no wrong. 

You should all go and read the book of the song of Solomon to get a glimpse of the intimacy between lovers. It will enlighten some to really enjoy sex again with no inhibitions.

February 16 2017 0 responses Vote Up Share Report