0

How does an unconverted sinner know about committing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? Does it mean he/she can't be forgiven?

Matthew 12:30 - 32

ESV - 30 Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. 31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Clarify Share Report Asked 5 days ago Mini Tony M

0
By my understanding, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not a specific identifiable action, such as anything people might say. Instead, it is the final, unrepentant rejection of God's offer of salvation through faith in Christ.

The Pharisees were guilty of this sin by refusing to recognize the witness of the Holy Spirit that Jesus was the Son of God through His words and miraculrous actions, and, instead, attributing the miracles that He performed to the power of Satan, and not repenting of that belief.

Similarly, those who do not place their faith in Christ for salvation and eternal life at any time during their earthly life are blaspheming the Holy Spirit by rejecting His testimony as to Jesus being the only path to salvation, as found in the Bible, which the Holy Spirit inspired, and through which He continues to speak.

5 days ago 0 responses Vote Up Share Report