0

Is it considered lust to comment or joke about the attractiveness of a person to whom you're not married?

I was speaking to a friend of mine about a sermon I was watching online and after sharing parts of the teaching that I thought with resonate with her, I went on to say that she should watch the pastor's videos and also that he is really handsome so they're even more fun to watch. Of course, I meant that last part as a joke, but she seemed to be offended. Is the statement that I made considered to be lustful or sinful in any other way? And if so, is it bad to call others handsome if I were actually attracted to them? Or is the attraction itself bad? 

Matthew 5:28

ESV - 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Clarify Share Report Asked January 11 2019 Mini Luna Daniel

For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.

Be the first to start the discussion!

Login or Sign Up to add your comment.