0

What Bible is free of Roman and Roman Catholic influences?

I think Catholic people are wonderful people but I'm concerned about following or reading a Bible written by or created by Roman or Roman Catholic theologians. They persecuted Jews and Christians who would not adhere to their version of events. The inquisitions, helping Nazi agenda and escape and lots more. I'm concerned about using a Bible that was influenced by these people, but I am not anti-Catholic. If it brings you closer to God then that is great for you.

Clarify Share Report Asked November 22 2017 Mini Richard Brinkley

1
Mini RICK PORTER Supporter Chaplain [ Truckers Chapel ]-- Undeserving Child of God
As a base know both Catholic Bible versions and Protestant versions of the Bible are the translation of the Hebrew and Greek text of what we call the Old Testament and the New Testament.

The versions of both are translated from manuscripts found, not the original books or letters. 

The Catholic Bible contains the Deuterocanonical books that most Protestant Bibles do not have.

Now, as for your question, I would say to you the NKJV or the NSAB are two versions from different manuscripts but are not influenced by the Catholic tradition bearing extra books and direction of Jerome.

If you want a paraphrase easy read Bible then the ESV OR NLT are good.

I believe the most important aspect of reading the Bible is to know that Scripture is the only basis for God's Word not Scripture and tradition supporting books.2 Peter 1:19 and 1 Corinthians 4:6.

November 22 2017 0 responses Vote Up Share Report