ESV - 8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
For follow-up discussion and general commentary on the topic. Comments are sorted chronologically.
God does speak and that He wants to talk to us. The point is that God doesn’t want us to hide from Him. God wants to confide in Him. If we quit avoiding God, confess our sins, and listen to Him, God will be there for us. He won’t hurt us. Instead, He will help us.
► Psalms 32:8 generally is used to refer to the ability to gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the known senses, i.e., a form of extrasensory perception (VISION). Biblically we we use the term vision or dreams.
► It is one of the gifts of Holy Spirit who gives supernatural ability to see things beyond our human senses. Examples are,
1) Open Heaven is to strengthen our FAITH & HOPE in God through Holy Spirit (Acts 7:56)
2) Ezekiel saw the FUTUTE PROPHETICAL vision of Armageddon through Holy Spirit (Ezek. 37:1)
3) John saw both God and the glorified Christ in Heaven in the book of Revelations (Rev. 4:2- 11; 5:1- 13; 6:16; 7:9- 17; 8:3- 5; 11:16; 12:5; 14:1- 5; 19:1- 10; 21:3- 7; 22:1- 5)
4) Amos saw the Lord standing upon the altar in Heaven in Amos 9:1
5) Moses asked to see God's glory (Ex. 33:18), instead of His bodily form apart from His glory which he had already seen many times. God refused to show him the glory of His face but said Moses might see it in "My back parts" (Ex. 33:23).
Let us see how this supernatural ability works.
"Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God" (Acts 7:56)
► Stephen while was stoned to death, he staedfastly looked up into the heaven and saw the glory of God.
Four things he saw:
1. Heavens opened,
2. The glory of God
3. God the Father
4. Jesus Christ standing on the right hand of God.
► Stephen is still in the earth but got the glimpse of the glory of God. This the proof of Clairvoyance that God and the son were seen by the natural eyes and the third person (Holy Spirit) was filling Stephen, enabling him to see the other two.
Satan also copy the same ability (Clairvoyance)to see things beyond our normal senses for Christians to stumble. Christians should have discernments to see if they are from the Lord.
Interesting point of view, but all the examples given are monumental in scope. I was thinking more in terms of every day guidence, and how that comes from His eye upon us. From your point of view, it appears you are equating his eyes upon us with the Holy Spirit. Certainly, it is through the Holy Spirit that we get our guidance. I can't argue with that.