0

Does it show a lack of faith when you persistently ask for the same thing from the Father?

Romans 14:23

ESV - 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.

Clarify Share Report Asked 11 days ago Received 167270910322119 Gregory Jones

2
Stringio Kyle Gillette Supporter Behavioral Profiler
When I read Luke 18:1-8 The Parable of the Persistent Widow, it gives me hope for my consistent prayers to God. I know as someone who suffers from chronic pain from an undiagnosed or explainable disease, I will always pray for healing. I will also always pray for the salvation of my sister and many other family members. 

I believe praying in this way draws me closer to God and helps me to hear his plans and voice in my life. And through this, I am able to hopefully, discern that I am praying in his will. 

Also see Luke 11:5-12, Matthew 7:7-11

11 days ago 1 response Vote Up Share Report

2
I think that attitude plays a part in this situation. Jesus made clear that God knows what we need before we ask Him (Matthew 6:8). However, I would say that even repeated prayer, or prayer offered by multiple people, does not displease or exasperate God, as long as it is offered in sincerity and humility, with a willingness to wait upon God's timing, and also with faith in God knowing the answer that is best for us. (For example, Acts 12:5 refers to many Christians praying for Peter's safety.) (However, I find it interesting that, despite the faith of those praying, they nevertheless initially found it unbelievable that God had actually responded (Acts 12:12-16).)

It is offering persistent prayer solely in the belief that repetition has greater influence with God; or praying as a matter of ritual or rote without true reflection on the words being said; or coming to God in supplication while inwardly demanding that God respond in a specific way, that show a need for greater personal faith.