0

How does one recover from falling into sin?

Micah 7:7 - 9

ESV - 7 But as for me, I will look to the Lord ; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. 8 Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me.

Clarify Share Report Asked August 07 2017 Bob in england Robert Hicks

0
Mini Kelly Yochum
Repent, pray for forgiveness, and move on into Life Lived In Christ. 
CHRIST took care of everything you are experiencing ON THE CROSS, therefore, by Faith and GOD'S Grace:

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:16 KJV

August 08 2017 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

0
Recognize the sin, and acknowledge your commission of it, or your responsibility for it.

Repent of it. (That is, feel genuine sorrow and remorse for having committed it.)

Ask God's forgiveness of it for Jesus' sake.

Make reparations (insofar as possible) to anyone adversely affected by the sin.

With the help of the Holy Spirit, make whatever lifestyle or circumstantial changes are needed (including making a renewed commitment to God and to the study of His word) to avoid a repetition of the conditions that originally led or contributed to the sin.

Accept whatever temporal judgment God may impose as a result of the sin.

Promptly seek God's forgiveness for any relapses that may occur with regard to the sin.

Again with the help of the Holy Spirit, do not allow any such failures to pull you back into a recurring pattern of the sin.