2

Can a Christian be a nudist? What does the Bible say about nudity?

17
Many pagan cultures throughout history considered public nudity normative, especially Spartan, Greek, and Roman societies. In more recent years, pubic nudity has become more and more acceptable, wi...

6
Data Selva Moses Director - Singapore InfoComm Technology, servant of God
Ashtaroth (plural) or Ashtoreth (singular), a goddess of sexual passion and fertility (the Canaanites' principal female deity who was supposedly embodied in the moon) was typically portrayed as a naked woman (very similar to the familiar images of Venus), occasionally with a crescent moon on her brow. Ashtoreth was closely associated with the Egyptian Isis, the Babylonian and Assyrian Ishtar, the Greek Aphrodite and the Roman Venus. Thus, she was worshiped with the most perverted forms of sexual immorality. 

Bible forbids nakedness.
Thy nakedness be not discovered - Ex. 20:26b.
God demands modesty of all His people (Php. 4:5; 1Tim. 2:9- 10; 1Pet. 3:3).

May 21 2014 1 response Vote Up Share Report

2
Mini Kris Cheng
After Adam and Eve sinned, they had a sense of shame. That was why they covered themselves with fig leaves. Nudity needs to be covered. When I was living in another country and had no problem with the language but not the entire culture there, I didn't understand the vulgarity spoken, I wasn't offended even when it was uttered. In my own country where I grow up with the language and the cultural background, I am extremely offended when I hear and understand any foul language hurled. So after sin enters into men, we feel shameful when we are naked because sin makes us feel so. Our conscience will enable us to know that we need to cover our nakedness.

February 13 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report