2

Does God love Satan?

Clarify (2) Share Report Asked July 01 2013 Mini Anonymous (via GotQuestions)

25
No, God does not love Satan, and neither should we. God cannot love that which is evil and unholy, and Satan embodies all of that. He is the enemy (1 Peter 5:8); the evil one (Matthew 6:13); the fa...

9
Mini Bob Hall Married best friend, Dad of 6, Granddad of 16, 2 golden ret.
I believe God does love Satan.

Does He approve of Satan's behavior? No.
Does He accept Satan as one of His own? No.
He loves Satan because it His nature to love.
Not only does God the Father love, but
He IS love. I Jn 4:8.
He acts (loves) out of who He is (love).

Did He love me when I was lost? Yes.
Did He approve of my behavior? No. For sure.
Did He accept me as His own? No.
He did not accept me until I received the Holy Spirit.
And then He accepted me "in the Beloved. Eph. 1:6.

Will Satan allow God's love to change him? I doubt it.
However with God, "all things are possible".

In Rev. 2:6 it says that God hates the works of the Nicolaitans,
but not the Nicolaitans.

April 14 2014 4 responses Vote Up Share Report

4
Mini Ernie Kerwin
Paul, under the influence of the Spirit of God, wrote in Romans chapter 9:
10 And not only this, but there was Rebekah also, when she had conceived twins by one man, our father Isaac; 11 for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God's purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls, 12 it was said to her, "The older will serve the younger." 13 just as it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

In answer to possible objections, Paul continues:
14 What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! 15 For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." 16 So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy. 17 For the Scripture says, to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed throughout the whole earth." 18 So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.

Please read the full chapter, both before and after this portion, for the full context. 

God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) is sovereign and righteous in all He does. All His works and actions were and are designed to bring all glory to Himself. (Read Ephesians Chapter 1)

My purpose in writing this is to demonstrate, from the Scriptures, that God can and that at times does hate. But, in doing so, His actions do not call into question His Righteous Character. He is Sovereign and all His actions in the end are to bring Him the ultimate glory!

To GOD alone be all the glory!

February 28 2015 4 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
Image Bryan Naidoo Post graduate and pastor
Does God love Satan? Absolutely, yes. There is only one thing God hates is "Sin". Sin is an act of rebellion. The only creation that disobeyed God was "Man". 

It is true Satan is the father of lies, the murderer from the beginning. It is true he has no truth in him. Satan has been created to be such from the beginning.

Satan did not disobey as told by many theologians, quoting Ezekiel 28th chapter and Isaiah 14th chapter.

We know how man sinned and who tempted man. Who tempted Satan to disobey? Satan has been created to be our adversary, God created good and he created evil. If God created Good and evil, it is obvious for him to love his creative works. He created light and also darkness.

Satan is not God's enemy, neither is Satan God's adversary. Satan has been created to try to test and to tempt man. The only creation that has the power of choice is Man.

There is no biblical evidence that Satan has power of choice. He has been created to kill, devour, steal, and destroy. He is not only answerable to God the creator, he presents himself to God as seen in the first chapter of Job.

August 08 2016 1 response Vote Up Share Report