6

What does the Bible say about worry?

18
The Bible clearly teaches that Christians are not to worry. In Philippians 4:6, we are commanded, "Do not be anxious [do not worry] about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with t...

5
Mini Billy P Eldred
There are 365 "Fear nots" in the Bible. One for every day of the year (except leap year). So, for all you who are prone to worrying, I guess the Bible is saying it is okay to worry one day every four years. (I say this in jest of course.) 

We should not worry. There are plenty of verses to back it up. 1 Pet 5:7 "Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." MATT 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air : they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not more valuable than they?"

Those are just a couple. Fear not. Worry not.

December 24 2015 1 response Vote Up Share Report

2
Img 20170517 081600 hdr Joe Glascock Homemaker,caretaker, artist.
Worrying is the opposite of faith and trust, and is being impatient. It shows that you don't trust and don't believe in God, or his word, and therefore is a sin. That which is not of faith, is sin.

Trust, requires faith and patience, which is not sin. It builds our character, strengthens our faith, and follows the biblical passage that reads "Let patience have her perfect work." It allows us to grow up in Christ, not being as spoiled children who get all we want when we want it.

April 11 2016 0 responses Vote Up Share Report

1
My picture Jack Gutknecht ABC/DTS graduate, guitar music ministry Baptist church
Psalm 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.

Worldly ANXIETY is spoken of in 
Matt. 6:25-34; 1 Cor. 7:32, 33; and Phil. 4:6, but the Remedy for ANXIETY is found in 
Psa. 55:22; Jer. 17:7, 8-- Jeremiah 17:8 

NET BIBLE: "They (the people of Jer 17;7) will be like a tree planted near a stream whose roots spread out toward the water. It has nothing to fear when the heat comes. Its leaves are always green. It has no need to be concerned in a year of drought. It does not stop bearing fruit."

Other references as to the remedy for worry are Matt. 6:26-34; Phil. 4:6, 7; and 1 Pet. 5:6, 7.

7 days ago 0 responses Vote Up Share Report