4

Why does it seem sometimes that God is blessing the wicked, vs. His people?

Such as winning the lottery, nice houses and cars, etc.

Psalms 73:1 - 28

ESV - 1 Book Three Truly God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart. 2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled, my steps had nearly slipped.

Clarify Share Report Asked February 13 2015 Jesus inside Derrick Bagby

5
Mini Cristina Baez
I know I've struggled with this thought many times. I always wondered why it seemed that those who didn't follow Christ and lived a life filled with sin seemed to have this life better off than me. What I wasn't realizing was that what I was doing was sinning. I was focusing my energy on what others had that I didn't have. I was comparing myself to them and doubting that God really was protecting or providing for me. 

When I took a step back to look at my life, the reality was I have been given more than I deserve. It may not be many friends, a really nice car, or good looks but I have a home, a family that shows and gives love, I have loyal and faithful friends, my health, and the best thing of all a life with hope. 

We can look at others and on the outside see that they seem to have everything but that isn't always the case. They may not truly be happy, they may have a fragile marriage, rough family life, struggle with a sickness or disease. Nobody truly knows someone else. Only God our father knows the depths of our hearts, needs, and mind. 

God said himself that the materials of the earth will never bring true joy or satisfaction or happiness. He is the ONLY one that can fill that place. We may all be different, but that is one area where we are all the same. 

When you are sick or going through a rough patch in life you know you can lean on Him and he will provide for you and take care of you. And in the end, no matter what you will be reunited and live in His presence. But those who have all those fancy things or an "easy life," when things take a turn for the worst they don't have that hope. Some of them may not even realize that they are missing something that could fill the holes they are trying to fill with materialistic things or relationships. 

Our job is to go out and share the good news with those people. But when we start comparing ourselves to them, it is them that we keep the word of God and the Good News from being spread. Always rejoice in everything, in sickness and health, hardships and good times, because the Father and the heavens will be rejoicing with you.

February 16 2015 2 responses Vote Up Share Report