2

Where is Goshen today, where the Israelites were living within Egypt?

Exodus 10:1 - 12:51

ESV - 1 Then the Lord said to Moses, "Go in to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the heart of his servants, that I may show these signs of mine among them. 2 And that you may tell in the hearing of your son and of your grandson how I have dealt harshly with the Egyptians and what signs I have done among them, that you may know that I am the Lord.

Clarify Share Report Asked January 22 2015 Open uri20150619 16448 1ye04gx Carol Klick

0
Emilio 1992 Emo Tenorio Shomer
I humbly submit that the Goshen region where most Biblical characters lived and Biblical events took place, is found in the Eastern Nile delta of Egypt.

The main travel route between Canaan and Egypt was along the Northern coast of Sinai, known to the Egyptians as "the way of Horus" and in the Bible as "the road through the Phillistine country". (Exodus 13:17)

This road ends in the Goshen region of the Eastern Nile delta and the Midianites probably brought a young captive Joseph to Egypt on this road. (Genesis 37:28)

Later Joseph would retire in this Goshen region after the years of famine had passed with his father Jacob and his family. (Genesis 47:27)

Joseph took another road trip on this same road back to Canaan (but this time not as a captive) to bury his father, Jacob (Israel) in the cave of his fathers at Machpelah near Mamre. (Genesis 50:7; Genesis 50:11)

Joseph returned once again to Egypt to stay until his death, via this same road, (Genesis 50:22) and then his final road trip (Genesis 50:25; Exodus 13:19)

In the Lord's freedom to explore............warrior on

January 25 2015 0 responses Vote Up Share Report