How long was Jesus' ministry?
Community answers are sorted based on votes. The higher the vote, the further up an answer is.
S. Michael Houdmann
According to Luke 3:1, John the Baptist began his ministry in the 15th year of Tiberius Caesar's reign. Tiberius was appointed as co-regent with Augustus in AD 11, and 15 years later would be AD 26...
Sign Up to view the rest of this answer.
The common interpretation is that Jesus' ministry was 3 years. But this has never been proven, and the Scriptures do not mention it. Thus we still are not sure how long Jesus' ministry was, but why does it matter? What matters is that He was crucified for our sins, not how long His ministry was.
Add your Answer
All answers are REVIEWED and MODERATED.
What makes a good answer? ▼
Please ensure your answer MEETS all our guidelines.
A good answer provides new insight and perspective. Here are guidelines to help facilitate a meaningful learning experience for everyone.
- Adhere to the eBible Statement of Faith.
- Your answer should be complete and stand-alone.
- Include supporting arguments, and scripture references if possible. Seek to answer the "why".
- Adhere to a proper tone and spirit of love and understanding.
- For more info see The Complete Guide to eBible