2

What does it mean to eat of the Lord's body and drink of His blood?

Is this about communion? or is this symbolic? What does it mean to drink his blood in the spirit.

John 6:53

ESV - 53 So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Clarify Share Report Asked September 09 2014 Mini Wanda Jenkins

3
Mini sharon barre
I have seen comments from other sources that are not Christian that state the Bible teaches cannibalism. Such a notion is ridiculous. Jesus said, "Take eat, this is my body that was broken for you." I believe that portion means that we are to share in Christ's sufferings. "Take, drink, this is my blood that was shed for many for the remission of sins." It is only by the blood of Christ that we are cleansed of our sins. "For without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness of sins," 

We are washed in his atoning blood for the remission of our sins. I also believe it is to remind us to not forsake Holy Communion as we have been commanded by Jesus when he ate the last supper with his disciples before his death. He commanded them them to do this in remembrance of him.

September 19 2014 0 responses Vote Up Share Report